About this blog

Taking time off of work and my life in Virginia to follow my long-time ambition to spend some serious time traveling. Headed down the east coast first in early February 2012, then spending a month in Goa, India, another in Argentina, then road tripping down the bottom of the US from California as I make my way back home. A lot of people have asked/suggested I keep a blog and though I will try to keep in touch with as many as possible, this will be the easiest way for me to share with multiple people. Thanks for your support!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Patti Post

My friend Patti just booked a flight to Argentina to join me April 3-12! I'm still doing a majority of the trip by myself but it will be really nice to have an adventure buddy for a little bit of the time I'm abroad. We lived together for 2 years so we'll be able to handle the 9 days no problem. In those two years we practically made a ritual of Merlot Mondays every week, so I can't think of a better person to go check out the Argentinian wine region of Mendoza with.

In addition to making a notable contribution to the trip by flying to South America to drink wine with me, Patti has also been feeding me information on things to do while I'm in Key West in a couple of weeks. My favorite suggestion in this blog post has to be #1, "Spend at least 12 hours in a hammock.."

You got it, Bitches Who Brunch. I happen to love hammocks so much that I spent the past two years at work campaigning for a nap hammock to be installed in the office. 

Though you'd think someone from the DC area would listen to anything remotely brunch related because our second favorite activity after eating and drinking brunch is to talk about the best brunch (it's so true), I'm not on these ladies' side with eating at Blue Heaven. I went there with my mom when I was young and vividly remember ordering a chicken dish before realizing that chickens would be pecking around me the whole time. I have no issue eating animal products... but that was mildly traumatizing. I'll find new places to eat when I'm there. Or I'll just eat Key Lime Pie and brunch and avoid chicken the whole time.

You know who loves brunch maybe more than anyone I know? Patti. See... it all comes full circle. 

Here is a picture of Patti hosting a brunch at her house in typical Patti fashion. No, that is not where we lived together. We were still working on breaking up with our inner Paris Hiltons (minus the money) and finding our inner Martha Stewarts (minus the money and jail) when we lived together. I admit she's been much more accomplished in making that transition than I have...

1 comment: